Westmore Fuel has always maintained our B20 BioHeat® is cleaner than natural gas and now we have the proof!
“BioHeat® heating oil is a clean, responsible alternative to natural gas heating systems and performs admirably against all other heating systems.” – NORA Report
This is among the key findings of a report conducted by Brookhaven National Laboratory and delivered to Congress in May 2015 by The National Oilheat Research Alliance (NORA). The report further states that blends of 2% biodiesel or more produce lower greenhouse gas emissions than natural gas! We think this is great news for our customers!
1. Westmore’s B20 BioHeat® contains 20% biodiesel, instead of just 2%.
2. Westmore uses U.S. produced soybean biodiesel in our B20 BioHeat®.
3. By increasing the demand for BioHeat®, we help create more American jobs.
4. Emergency “no heat” calls have decreased since Westmore began delivering BioHeat® in 2008.
5. Westmore’s B20 BioHeat® gives you MORE heat with LESS fossil.
6. Westmore’s B20 BioHeat® acts as a natural solvent to keep your system clean inside.
7. Westmore blends our B20 BioHeat® at our marine storage terminal.
8. Absolutely no system modifications are needed to use Westmore’s B20 BioHeat®.
9. Westmore’s B20 BioHeat® doesn’t cost more than conventional heating oil.
10. NY customers can apply for a 20-cent per gallon tax credit for using Westmore’s B20 BioHeat®.