Why Choose Heating Oil For Your Home?
One of the most important considerations when buying a home – or building a new one – is how it will be heated.
Both the type of heating system and the fuel that powers it can have a dramatic impact on both your comfort and energy costs, especially here in the northeast where we rely on heat for at least two-thirds of the year.
On the plus side, there are many options for heating a home in this area, including natural gas, propane, and electricity. But when it comes to providing the best heating solution, there’s really only one choice: good ol’ heating oil.
The Perks Of Oil Fired Home Heat
Why choose oil heat? Consider these benefits:
- It burns hot – Heating oil burns 300 degrees hotter than natural gas, which means your home will heat faster with heating oil than it will with any other fuel (kind of important here in NY or CT). You will also need to burn less heating oil to stay comfortable, which means you’ll spend less on energy bills.
- It’s safe – Heating oil is one of the safest sources of home energy around – it’s harmless at room temperature (it must be heated to 140 degrees and vaporized in order to burn) and will never explode.
- It’s abundant – During the winter, high demand can strain natural gas supplies, as we saw last winter. Heating oil rarely encounters this problem.
- It’s cost-effective – Adjusted for inflation, today’s heating oil prices are about the same as they were in the mid-1970s, making heating oil a bargain in the home energy game.
- It’s clean-burning –Today’s ultra-low sulfur heating oil (ULSHO) burns 95 percent cleaner than heating oil did 50 years ago – and B20 Bioheat® Fuel blends raise the clean-burning bar even higher.
- You may double your equipment life – With proper professional preventative maintenance, today’s oil-fired heating furnaces and boilers can last 30 years or more – as much as twice as long as systems powered by natural gas or propane.
The bottom line: When shopping for or building a new home, choose oil heat – and for the most reliable heating oil deliveries in our Westchester and Fairfield County service area choose Westmore Fuel Co. Contact us today to become a Westmore customer!